Space Fun Facts
- NASA wakes up astronauts with music!
- Astronauts can’t burp in outer space.
- Space suits are heavy! The average space suit weighs about 270 pounds (in normal gravity) and takes 45 minutes to put on.
- There’s no sound in outer space.
- Astronauts don’t snore as much as they would on Earth!
- If you put the planet Saturn in a big enough bowl of water, it would float!
- Scientists believe that it rains diamonds on Neptune and Uranus.
- On Mercury - a ten year old would be over 40 years old!
- The moon is drifting away from Earth about 3.8cm every year.
- Footprints on the moon last forever because there is no wind on the Moon.
- You grow taller in space, because gravity isn’t pulling on your spine.
Harvey's Space Jokes
Why did the sun go to school?
- To get brighter!
What kind of music do planets sing?
Why did the cow go in the spaceship?
- It wanted to see the mooooooon!
What is an astronaut's favourite key on the keyboard?
- The space bar!
Where would an astronaut park his space ship?
- A parking meteor!
How does a robot shave?
- With a laser!
What holds the moon up?